Financial literacy workshop, family fun night and more at Oakmont, Plum libraries
Wednesday, February 12, 2020 | 12:01 AM
Oakmont Carnegie Library
The library is located at 700 Allegheny River Blvd. For more information, call 412-828-9532 or visit oakmontlibrary.org.
• Oakmont artist Dallas Knight’s photo exhibit will be up all month.
• Financial literacy workshop from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Feb. 13, 20, 27 and March 5. Workshops are taught by financial advisor Seth Thompson of Edward Jones Investments. Topics include investment basics, IRAs, 401Ks and annuities.
• Book Buddies Story Time from 10:30-11 a.m. Feb. 17. The program is designed for children ages birth to 5 years old with their caregiver. The theme is pirates.
• Gentle Yoga with instructor Cora Fetchko from 6-7:30 p.m. Feb. 17. Participants should wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat or towel.
• Baby Lapsit from 10:15-11 a.m. Feb. 18. The program is for newborns to 24 months with their caregiver. There will be stories, songs, bounces, rhymes and more.
Plum Community Library
The library is located at 445 Center-New Texas Road. Registration is required for these Plum library activities. For more information, call 412-798-7323 or visit plumlibrary.org.
• Book Babies from 10:30-11 a.m. Feb. 17. The program is designed for infants through age 2 with their parents. There will be songs, stories, rhymes, play time and more.
• Books and Blocks from 11:30 a.m. to noon Feb. 17. Children ages 2-5 and their caregiver are encouraged to participate in songs, stories and play with blocks.
• Family Fun Night: Fit Kids Factory from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Feb. 19. Families are invited to play and exercise with Fit Kids Factory.
• Chess Tournament from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 22. Students in grades 1-8 can participate in the 47th annual ACLA Chess Tournament.