Happening in Plum and Oakmont this week: meditation, movies and more
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 | 11:52 AM
Looking for something to do in Plum or Oakmont this week?
Here are some suggestions:
• Meditation with a Monk is set for 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. Join the monks from Natrona Heights’ Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation. The program is offered every Tuesday evening.
• Somatics classes with personal trainer Tom Capriotti will be offered from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Oakmont library.
Somatics is a series of soft movements that can help alleviate lower back, neck and shoulder pain. Oakmont library programs are free. Call 412-828-9532 or go to oakmontlibrary.org for more information.
• STEAM Story Time is set for 1 to 1:40 p.m. Tuesday at the Plum library. Activities are designed for 4- and 5-year-olds with their parents/caregivers and will be related to science, technology, engineering, arts and math. Registration is required.
• Plum library hosts a movie matinee from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday. This week’s feature is “Murder Under the Mistletoe,” a Miss Fisher mystery. Popcorn will be provided. No registration is necessary. Go to plumlibrary.org for more information on Plum library programs.
• The Oaks Theater will host a special screening of “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at 310 Allegheny River Blvd.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets to the all-ages event are $8. Burk’s BBQ in Oakmont will have dinners available at the event for $10. More information is available online at the oakstheater.com or by calling 888-718-4253.