Yoga, meditation among wellness events set for Oakmont and Plum this week
Monday, January 13, 2020 | 5:39 PM
Looking for things to do in Oakmont and Plum this week?
Here are some options:
• Gentle Yoga with instructor Cora Fetchko is set for 10:30 a.m. to noon Tuesday at the Oakmont Carnegie Library, 700 Allegheny River Blvd.
Participants should wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat or towel.
• Meditation with a Monk is set for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library.
Join the monks from Natrona Height’s Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation. The program is offered every Tuesday evening.
• Mom’s Night Out! at the Oakmont library is slated for 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday.
This month’s craft is make your own buttons. People can bring photos, printouts or magazines to be used with a pinback button maker. Drinks and refreshments will be provided. Participants also can bring their own drinks.
Oakmont library programs are free and no registration required. Call 412-828-9532 or go to oakmontlibrary.org for more information.
• Plum Community Library hosts a workshop on scrapbooking from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at 445 Center-New Texas Road.
No registration is required.
• Circle of Stitchers will meet at the Plum library from 10 a.m. to noon and from 6-8 p.m. Thursday. Knitters, crocheters and stitchers of every kind are invited to meet and share their techniques and resources.
Call 412-798-7323 for more information and to register.
• Plum Community Center hosts a party for everyone with a January birthday at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at 499 Center New Texas Road.
Guest speaker will be Plum EMS Operations Director Brian Maloney. Other activities include 50/50 and basket raffles, door prizes, cake and more.
• Yoga is scheduled for 6:15-7:15 p.m. Tuesday at the community center.
• Line dancing classes are offered at the community center 9:30 a.m. Thursdays.
Call 412-795-2330 for more information about community center programs.